(English Translation Only)
The translation below is provided for your convenience only. If there is any discrepancy between the translation in English and the original Japanese text (including due to the delay in translation), the original Japanese text takes precedence.
LINE WORKS Free Plan Terms of Service
The LINE WORKS Free Plan Terms of Service (hereinafter “Terms of Service”) seek to prescribe the terms of provision of the LINE WORKS free services (hereinafter “Service”) and the rights and duties existing between Works Mobile Japan Corp. (hereinafter “Company”) and each customer. When using the Service, the full text of these Terms of Service shall be read, and an agreement shall be made thereto. (The contractual relationship between the Company and the customer under the applicable agreement is referred to as the “User Agreement”). In addition, if you use any of the paid services of LINE WORKS, you must agree to the separate “LINE WORKS Terms of Service”.
Article 1 (Application)
① The purpose of these Terms of Service is to prescribe the rights and duties existing between the Company and the party (hereinafter “Member”) agreeing to these Terms of Service (hereinafter “Member” as defined in this Article) in connection with the use of Services provided by the Company. The Member shall ensure that the Affiliate complies with the Terms of Service.
② A separate policy, etc. referred to in the main text of the Terms of Service (hereinafter “Policy, etc.”) forms part of the Terms of Service, which shall have precedence in case of conflict with the Policy, etc.
③ Where any provisions under these Terms of Service conflict with any other description, etc. aside from the Terms of Service, the former shall have precedence.
Article 2 (Definitions)
① The term Service refers to the service designated by the Company among the services provided by the Company to Members free of charge (where the name or content of the service of any feature is modified, it also includes the service after the modification, regardless of the cause of modification).
② The term “subscription applicant” refers to a person who intends to enter into a user agreement due to his/her desire to use the Service.
③ The term “Member” refers to any individual, corporation, or other organization accessing the Service and entering into a User Agreement with the Company under the Terms of Service to use the Service provided by the Company.
④ The term “Affiliate” means a person who has been granted authority by a Member to use the Service under the management of the Member. The Affiliate also includes the Member him/herself, except in case of special restrictions.
⑤ The term “Administrator” refers to the Member him/herself who has the authority to use all features of the Service or an Affiliate representing or acting on behalf of the Member with the authority to sign or terminate a User Agreement.
⑥ The term “ID” refers to a specific string or e-mail address required to identify an Affiliate for him/her to use the Service. However, the email address registered as the ID of a Member must be approved by the Company, and the ID of an Affiliate must be approved by the Member.
⑦ The term “Password” refers to a combination of alphabetic, numeric, and/or special characters determined by the Member to protect the confidentiality as a means of verifying that he/she is a Member or an Affiliate consistent with the ID set by the Member or Affiliate.
⑧ The term “Affiliated Service” refers to the service or content provided by a business operator that forms a partnership with the Company. The Service may sometimes include Affiliate Services.
Article 3 (Revision to the Terms of Service)
② With respect to the foregoing paragraph, the Administrator shall be notified by means such as posting on the screen where the Service is provided or at an appropriate location on the website run by the Company. As a result, the notification for the Members shall be deemed to have been made.
③ Where the Member fails to carry out the procedures for the termination of the Terms of Service within 30 days of the date the Company makes a notification pursuant to the foregoing paragraph, the Member shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms of Service.
Article 4 (Conclusion of User Agreement)
① A User Agreement for the Service shall be concluded when a subscription applicant agrees to the Terms of Service and files an application for member subscription, and the Company subsequently approves said application. The date the Company issues the approval shall be deemed the date the User Agreement is formed.
② On the day of receipt of the application under the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall, by default, approve the Service use by default and notify the Member thereof. However, the Company may refuse to approve or may terminate the User Agreement thereafter for an application in any of the following cases:
- 1. Where the subscription applicant has previously lost his/her qualification as a Member under the Terms of Service (including all agreements made between the Company and the subscription applicant) (except for the case wherein he/she has obtained approval from the Company to rejoin as a Member);
- 2. Where the name provided at the time of application is not his/her real name or is the name of another person;
- 3. Where false information is provided, or the details requested by the Company are not provided;
- 4. Where he/she intends to use the Service for fraudulent purposes, such as illegitimate or illegal activities;
- 5. Where the subscription applicant is a minor, an adult ward, or a person under curatorship or assistant, and he/she has failed to obtain the consent of his/her legal guardian, guardian, curator, or assistant;
- 6. Where the subscription applicant has been subject to disposition prescribed in Article 16;
- 7. Where the subscription applicant files an application in violation of the applicable statutes and the Terms of Service;
- 8. Where the Company determines that the consent is not appropriate under any other circumstances.
③ The Company may reserve its consent if the subscription interferes in the Service provision due to technical or business reasons.
④ Where the application for member subscription under the provision in the foregoing paragraph is not approved, or approval thereto is reserved, the Company shall inform the subscription applicant thereof.
⑤ When the Company notifies the Member of the completion of member registration, a User Agreement shall be established between the Member and the Company, allowing the Member to use the Service according to the Terms of Service.
Article 5 (Modification to the Member and Affiliate Information)
- ① An Affiliate may view and modify the information of the Member at any time via the personal information management screen. However, any information on items whose modification is not allowed by the Company or a Member may not be modified.
- ② When the registered information is modified, the Affiliate shall promptly update the modified information via the information management screen or notify the Company thereof.
- ③ The Company shall not be held liable for any damage sustained by an Affiliate or a third party due to the Affiliate’s failure to update the modified information referred to in the foregoing paragraph.
Article 6 (Duty to Protect Personal Information)
① The Company shall endeavor to protect the personal information of Affiliates as prescribed by the applicable statutes, such as the statutes on the protection of personal information.
③ The Member shall manage and protect the personal information of the Affiliate pursuant to associated statutes, such as statutes on the protection of personal information.
④ The Company may use or disclose any information, data, etc. provided by Members and Affiliates as statistical information in a form that cannot specify individuals pursuant to associated statutes, such as statutes on the protection of personal information, at its discretion, and the Member shall not raise any objection thereto.
Article 7 (Duties Regarding the Management of IDs and Passwords)
① An Affiliate shall properly manage and store the ID and password in relation to the Service at his/her own responsibility and shall not allow a third party to use or transfer or lease them, change the title to them, provide them as collateral, or dispose of them for any reason.
② An Affiliate shall remain liable for any disadvantage caused by his/her unsatisfactory management of the ID or password, and the Company shall not be liable therefor.
Article 8 (Notification)
① When the Company notifies the Affiliates, the notification shall be sent or posted through the feature of the Service, the administrator’s e-mail address, or the email address specified by the Member or Affiliate at the time of subscription application, unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service.
② Upon notifying the Administrator, the Company shall be deemed to have notified Affiliates. The Member shall be responsible for the management of information regarding the Administrator and for the change thereof to accurate information.
③ The Member or the administrator shall be responsible for notifying the Affiliate of the notification made to the Member or the administrator by the Company.
④ As for the notification for all Members or Affiliates, the Company may post said content on the website or the Service of the Company for at least 7 days in lieu of the notification in the foregoing paragraph.
⑤ Any inquiry regarding the Service or any other contact and notification of a Member to the Company shall be carried out by means set forth by the Company.
Article 9 (Duties of the Company)
① The Company shall not engage in any conduct prohibited under the associated statutes and the Terms of Service and shall make utmost effort to provide the Service in a stable manner.
③ Where it deems that any opinion or complaint raised by the Affiliate is justified in relation to the Service use, the Company shall faithfully respond thereto.
Article 10 (Duties of the Affiliates)
① No Member shall be allowed to engage in any of the following acts or an act determined by the Company to fall under any of the following during the Service use:
- 1. Registering false information when applying for subscription as a Member or an Affiliate and modifying subscription information;
- 2. Using another person’s name, another company or organization’s trade name, or any other marks (including similar uses) or misleading others to believe that it is another person’s name or it belongs to another company or organization;
- 3. Using the information or ID or password of another user of the Service;
- 4. Changing the information posted by the Company;
- 5. Imposing excessive burden on the network or system of the Service;
- 6. Illegal manipulation of the Service using bot, cheating tools, or other technical means, intentionally exploiting any failure in the Service, making unfair inquiries or requests to the Company by means such as repeatedly asking the same question, or causing any other interference in the Service operation or engaging in an act that gives rise to concerns thereof;
- 7. Gaining unlawful access to the network or system of the Company or attempting such;
- 8. Modifying, translating, altering, restructuring, interpreting, etc. the documents and programs related to the Service;
- 9. Duplicating, altering, hosting, streaming, sublicensing, or reselling the Service;
- 10. Distributing, lending, sending the Service to non-Affiliates, or sending, leasing, or collateralizing thereof to a third party;
- 11. Creating a derivative of the Service or creating or distributing related services without the consent of the Company;
- 12. Using data mining or similar data collection and extraction methods in relation to the Service;
- 13. Using the communications feature included in the Service to send a large quantity of information or sending electronic mails, etc. to many unspecified recipients against their will;
- 14. Duplicating, sending, or sharing the information such as software, etc. prohibited under the statutes or through announcement by the Company, such as illegal software;
- 15. Impersonating the Company or a third party or intentionally disseminating false information;
- 16. Infringing upon the intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party;
- 17. Defaming or interfering in the affairs of the Company and a third party;
- 18. Using the Service for profit without the consent of the Company;
- 19. Illegally collecting, disclosing, or providing information, details of use, etc. of other Members and Affiliate of the Service;
- 20. Preparing and disseminating obscene or discriminative expressions or engaging in any act contrary to good customs;
- 21. Contributing benefits to anti-social forces, etc. or establishing cooperation and relationships therewith;
- 22. Any other acts that are illegal or which are determined to be unjust by the Company.
② The Affiliate shall comply with the applicable statutes, Terms of Service, policies, and other matters publicly announced or notified by the Company and shall not interfere in the affairs of the Company.
③ When using the external linkage of the Service for the services provided by LINE Corp. for LINE users or the trademarks of other domain users, a Member shall comply with the prescribed regulations in the guidelines of LINE’s official account (https://terms2.line.me/official_account_guideline_jp).
④ A Member shall take actions to ensure that Affiliates, not only the Member him/herself, comply with the Terms of Service. Any intentional act or negligence of the Affiliate shall be deemed intentional act or negligence of the Member, which shall remain responsible therefor.
⑤ A Member shall be required to manage the address book at its sole responsibility for the Affiliate to use it for business purposes only. All responsibilities for use other than for business purposes, careless handling of registered contact information, etc. shall be borne by the Member.
⑥ If an Affiliate, excluding the Member, breaches any of the subparagraphs of Paragraph 1 above, the Company may exercise part of its authority as Administrator by means such as imposing sanctions against the Affiliate without going through the Member.
⑦ If an Affiliate breaches any of the subparagraphs of Paragraph 1 and causes damage to a third party or gives rise to a dispute with a third party, the Company shall not be held responsible, and the Affiliate shall bear all responsibilities and expenses to address this issue. In the event that the Company suffers damage (including, but not limited to, attorney’s fee) due to the corresponding dispute, the Affiliate shall indemnify the Company accordingly.
Article 11 (Measures Against Spam Act, etc.)
① An Affiliate shall not send messages or mails (hereinafter “Spam Acts, etc.”) including advertisements, false claims, unfair claims, viruses, multi-level sales information, chain mails, and Spam mails to a third party via the Service.
② The Company shall enforce technical measures to prevent any Spam Act, etc.
③ If an Affiliate reports a “Spam Act” using the “Spam Act” reporting feature, the Company may take the following actions:
- 1. The Company collects or interprets the sent Spam Acts, etc. to take actions determined as appropriate.
- 2. The Company may provide the relevant Spam mails, etc. to a third party such as research institutes in or outside Japan so as to use them as the subject of research or interpretation for the development of the Service.
④ The Company may temporarily or permanently restrict the use of the Service for Affiliates in any of the following circumstances:
- 1. Where the violation of Paragraph 1 is verified;
- 2. Where an organization, such as a public institution related to the Spam Acts, etc., has confirmed the transmission of Spam Acts, etc. and requested suspension of use;
- 3. Where a Member or an Affiliate has sent a large quantity of Spam emails to cause—or may cause—interruption to the Service;
- 4. Where it is deemed that there is legitimate reason for refusing to provide telecommunication services so as to prevent other failure in the Service transmission and reception.
⑤ In the case of the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall notify the Affiliates accordingly in advance; If it is difficult to serve prior notice, however, it may be filed post hoc.
Article 12 (Suspension of Service Provision)
① The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of the Service to a reasonable extent in the following circumstances:
- 1. Where there is a need to repair, inspect, or replace the information communications facilities, or there is failure or communications interruption, or any reasonable cause in the operation;
- 2. Periodic inspection;
- 3. Where a force majeure event, such as earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood, power outage, natural disaster, or any other emergency occurs.
② Upon ceasing to provide the Service in accordance with the provisions of the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall notify the Members accordingly in advance. If there is a compelling reason the Company was unable to serve prior notice, however, the notification may be made post hoc.
③ The Company shall not be held liable for any damage sustained by Members, Affiliates, and third party as a result of the suspension of provision of the Service under Paragraph 1.
Article 13 (Modification to the Service Content, etc.)
① The Company may modify all or part of the Service and suspend the provision thereof if deemed necessary by the Company or due to operational or technical needs. In such cases, the Company shall notify the Members in advance in the manner prescribed in Article 8. If there is a compelling reason the Company was unable to serve prior notice, however, the notification may be made post hoc.
② If a Member does not agree to the modification under this Article, the Company may terminate the User Agreement entered into with the Member.
Article 14 (Information Provision and Advertisement)
① The Company may announce the information (including, but not limited to, expansion and addition of features, addition and modification of products, scheduled periodic inspections, and effective methods of utilization of the Service) deemed necessary and useful during the Affiliate’s Service use or provide such to Affiliates by means such as transmission or posting of said information through the features of the Service.
② The Company may send the information in the foregoing paragraph via telephone or fax if prior consent has been obtained from the Affiliate. However, information related to transactions and answers to the questions of Members shall not be included.
③ The Company may place advertisements on the screen of the Service, on the website of the Service, and in the email to the Affiliates in connection with the operation of the Service. However, Affiliates who have received an email containing an advertisement may refuse to receive future advertising mails from the Company.
Article 15 (Handling of Data)
① All data and information stored in the Service by Affiliates (hereinafter “Stored Data”) shall be managed by Members, and the Company does not acquire any rights to the Stored Data except for the scope authorized by Affiliates under the Terms of Service.
② Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, the Company may duplicate storage data at its discretion without the consent of Affiliates for convenience in relation to the recovery of server failure or suspension or for the prevention of any failure in the data transmission and reception: However, the Company shall not be held responsible for backing up the stored data as the Affiliates shall be responsible for the backup.
③ The Company shall delete the Stored Data after a certain period of time separately determined by the Company expires following the end of the User Agreement. The Company shall not be held liable for any damage sustained by affiliates or third party in connection with the storage, deletion, reproduction, etc. of Stored Data after the termination of the User Agreement.
④ The Company shall protect the confidential information of Members and Affiliates under the communication in accordance with Article 4 of the Telecommunications Business Act (Act No. 86 of 1984). The Company is unable to access the Stored Data except in the following circumstances:
- 1. To ensure the secure operation of the Service;
- 2. To prevent any operational issue or resolve such in the Service;
- 3. For the Company to respond to the requests of Affiliates
- 4. Where a compulsory disposition or a court order is made under the Code of Criminal Procedure (Act No. 131 of 1948) or the Act on Wiretapping for Criminal Investigation (Act No. 137 of 1999) and other statutes for criminal investigation;
- 5. Where the Company determines that it is necessary to protect the life, body, property, honor, and privacy of others;
⑤ The Company does not disclose Stored Data to a third party without the consent of Affiliates. If there is a request made by law or by a court warrant, however, all or part of the Stored Data may be disclosed without the consent of the Affiliate.
Article 16 (Restriction on Use, etc.)
① If an Affiliate violates his/her duty under the Terms of Service, the Company may impose the following dispositions and shall not hold any liability for any damages sustained by the Affiliate or a third party:
- 1. Warning (including corrective action);
- 2. Temporary suspension of use;
- 3. Deletion of registration or termination of User Agreement (hereinafter “Deletion of Registration, etc.”)
② If the Service use is restricted, or the User Agreement is terminated pursuant to the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall notify the Affiliate in advance by means prescribed in Article 8.
③ Notwithstanding Paragraph 2 above, if an Affiliate commits an act in violation of the User Agreement, the Terms of Service, or any other associated statutes, the Company may immediately carry out the Deletion of Registration, etc. for the Affiliate.
④ If the Company implements the Deposition of Registration, etc. of a Member or an Affiliate, the Stored Data of the Affiliate, its privileges, and any other rights held by the Affiliate in relation to the Company shall expire, and the Company shall be immune from any accountability therefor.
⑤ As one of the features of the Service, part of the LINE WORKS services are provided free of charge in a limited scope. Therefore, the scope available for use in the Service for stored information, data, etc. may sometimes be restricted.
Article 17 (Termination, Revocation, Etc. of the Agreement)
① A Member may request the termination of the User Agreement to the Company at any time by the method set forth by the Company.
② The Company may take actions to terminate the User Agreement upon verifying that all Affiliates have not used the Service for 180 days according to the standards and methods set forth by the Company.
③ In any of the circumstances below, the Company may immediately terminate the User Agreement without warning. Termination pursuant to this Paragraph does not restrict the Company’s claims for damages against the Member.
- 1. Where a Member faces insolvency, or he/she/it has applied for—or may apply for—commencement of bankruptcy procedure, civil rehabilitation procedure, special liquidation, or any other similar procedure;
- 2. Where a Member is a minor, an adult ward, or a person under curatorship or assistant, and he/she has failed to obtain the consent of his/her legal guardian, guardian, curator, or assistant;
- 3. Where an Affiliate has used the Service for illegal or illegitimate purposes or distributed illegal information, etc.;
- 4. Where a Member violates the Terms of Service and fails to comply with a request for correction from the Company within 7 days.
④ Where the User Agreement is terminated pursuant to this Article, all Affiliates associated with the Member shall no longer be able to use the Service. In addition, upon termination, the Company shall delete all data of Affiliates, except in cases wherein the Company keeps the Member’s information. It shall be the Affiliate’s responsibility to back up the necessary data, if necessary, prior to the termination of the User Agreement. The Company shall not be held liable for any damage caused by the Affiliate’s failure to back up data.
⑤ The Company shall not be held liable for any damage sustained by the Affiliate due to any act enforced by the Company under this Article.
Article 18 (Exclusion of Anti-Social Groups)
① When entering into the User Agreement, the Company and the Member (if the party is a corporation, it includes the representative, Board members, and persons with actual management control) manifest that neither is a member of an anti-social group or any person equivalent or closely related thereto (hereinafter “anti-social group”) such as organized crime, member of an organized crime, company related to an organized crime, professional troublemaker at stockholders’ meetings, social activist, or member of an organized crime with special knowledge and that neither uses any anti-social group for him/herself or a third party or provides any fund or convenience for an anti-social group, and both assure that this will continue to be the case.
② If the Company determines that an investigation is necessary to find out whether an Affiliate falls under the category in the foregoing paragraph, the Member shall be required to provide cooperation for the investigation and submit data deemed necessary therefor.
③ The Company may terminate the User Agreement without warning if the Affiliate is found to belong to an anti-social group and he/she is believed or feared to violate the provisions under Paragraph 2.
④ When terminating the User Agreement due to the provisions of the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall not be held liable for any damage sustained by the Affiliate in this regard.
Article 19 (Limited Liability)
- ① The Company does not guarantee that the Service will be suitable for the specific purpose of the Affiliate or it possesses the expected performance and product value, accuracy, and utility, that the Service use of the Affiliate is consistent with the statutes or internal regulations of the industry or organization applicable to the Affiliate, and that no failure will occur.
- ② The Company shall not be held liable for any damage whatsoever sustained by the Affiliate in connection with any suspension, disability, termination, or unavailability of Service provision by the Company, any deletion or loss of information that the Affiliate has sent to the Service, any cancellation of Member registration, any loss of registered data due to the Service use, any failure or damage to equipment and instrument, and any other Services.
- ③ Even if it assumes liability as the Consumer Contract Act is applicable to Affiliates or due to any other reason, the Company shall not be held liable to compensate for the damage sustained by the Affiliates in excess of the consideration paid by the Affiliates to the Company for the past 3 months. Neither shall the Company be liable to compensate for any incidental damage, indirect damage, special damage, damage to be sustained in the future, or damage arising from lost profits.
- ④ The Company shall not be held liable for any transaction, contact, dispute, etc. (hereinafter, “dispute, etc.”) between an Affiliate and another Member, Affiliate, or a third party (hereinafter “third party, etc.”) resulting from or in relation to the Service use, and the Affiliate shall settle said dispute, etc. at his/her own responsibility and expense.
- ⑤ The Company shall not be liable for any loss of registered data of a Member arising during the use of the Service by the Member’s Affiliates, another Member, or other Affiliates belonging thereto.
- ⑥ The Company shall not be liable for any interruption in the Service use caused by reasons attributable to an Affiliate.
- ⑦ Where the Company is subject to pay compensation for a third party, etc. or it sustains any other damage (including, but not limited to, attorney’s fee) in relation to the dispute, etc., the Affiliate shall indemnify the Company for the corresponding amount of damage.
- ⑧ Neither party shall be held liable for any damage sustained by the other party resulting from force majeure events (including, but not limited to, natural disasters, wars, terrorist acts, riots, labor disputes, administrative measures, Internet failures, etc.).
- ⑨ The Company shall not be held responsible for any transaction, contact, dispute, damage, etc. (hereinafter “damage, etc. arising from affiliated services”) arising from or in relation to Affiliate Services, and the Affiliate shall be required to deal with the damage, etc. arising from affiliate services at his/her responsibility and expense.
- ⑩ The Company shall not be held liable for any violation of related statutes caused by an Affiliate or a third party when handling personal information through the Service.
Article 20 (Attribution of Rights)
① All copyrights and other intellectual property rights in relation to the Service shall be attributed to the Company or a third party authorized by the Company.
② The Company shall grant the Member only the right to use the Service pursuant to the Terms of Service; no provision under the Terms of Service shall imply that the Company or the party granting the license to the Company has transferred the intellectual property rights to the Affiliate or allowed use thereof.
Article 21 (Consent of Affiliates Excluding Members)
- ② The Administrator may access the data available to affiliates. Therefore, before the Affiliate commences using the Service, the Affiliate’s consent shall be obtained with regard to the fact that the Administrator may access, monitor, use, or disclose the data available to the Affiliate.
- ③ Even if some or all of the Affiliates, excluding Members, disagree, contrary to Paragraph 2 above, the Member shall not be allowed to claim this against the Company. When claiming or asserting any infringement of rights or damages, the Member shall be required to pledge that he/she shall resolve the issue at his/her sole responsibility and expense and cause no damage or burden (including attorney’s fees) to the Company.
Article 22 (Prohibition of Transfer, Mortgage, etc.)
① The Member may not transfer, lend, lease, pledge, mortgage, succeed, or otherwise dispose of any rights or duties regarding the Company or his/her status under the User Agreement to a third party.
② When transferring the Service-related business to a third party, the Company may transfer its status under the User Agreement, its rights and duties under the Terms of Service, and the registered entries of Members and any other information thereof, together with the corresponding business, to the transferee, and the Members shall be deemed to have agreed to the transfer in advance pursuant to this paragraph. In addition, the business transfer specified in this Article shall include not only ordinary business transfers but also company splits and any other business transfers.
Article 23 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
① Any interpretation and implementation of the Terms of Service and the User Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
② Any dispute arising from or in connection with the Terms of Service and the User Agreement shall be settled by the Tokyo District Court as the exclusive court having jurisdiction over the first trial.
Article 24 (Miscellaneous)
Where the provisions under the Terms of Service are declared invalid or unenforceable by a court or a competent authority (hereinafter “court, etc.”), the Terms of Service shall be automatically modified to conform to the legal requirements of said court, etc. If the Terms of Service cannot be modified, however, the relevant provisions shall be deleted, whereas the remaining provisions shall remain fully effective unless they deviate significantly from the intention manifested in the Terms of Service as a result.
Revised on February 8, 2021
Revised on September 24, 2020
Revised on July 11, 2019
Established on September 11, 2018