(English Translation Only)
The translation below is provided for your convenience only. If there is any discrepancy between the translation in English and the original Japanese text (including due to the delay in translation), the original Japanese text takes precedence.
Works Mobile Japan Co., Ltd. ("we", "us", "our") handles personal information as described below to offer LINE WORKS service (the "Service"). We will comply with the law regarding personal information, various guidelines, and international standards, and will do our utmost to protect your personal information.
1. Definition of personal information
2. Collected information and collecting methods
- (1) We collect personal information from users registered to use the Service as follows: We will collect personal information when users register as a member on our website, and will also gather personal information that may be entered for the use of services at a later time.
- (2) We will collect personal information from users as follows:
- B. In the process of using the Service, IP addresses, device information, log information, location information, usage / usage statistics of Service, information related to companies / organizations like industry type, size etc. will be collected.
- (3) In addition, in the process of providing paid Services, we may collect payment information. Furthermore, we may collect contact information and addresses when carrying out surveys, promotions and accepting user inquiries.
3. Purpose of using personal information
We will use collected personal information for the following purposes:
- (1) Used for membership registration, identity verification, and the prevention of unauthorized use.
- (2) Used for the management of Services such as the notification of relevant user information, response to user inquiries, surveys, campaign raffles and the delivery of goods.
- (3) Used for payment and other functions when using paid Services.
- (4) Used for statistics on service usage, development of new services, and marketing/advertisement announcements.
- (5) Used for creating, using, disclosing and providing statistics on the Service to the extent individual person cannot be identified.
- (6) Used for improving the quality of our Service or creating, using and providing marketing materials after processing the information so the individual person cannot be identified.
4. The shared use of collected information with third-party sponsors and cosigners
- (1) We will not provide your personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- A. When you give prior consent
- B. When there are sufficient grounds to conclude that you have violated the Terms of Service and that it is necessary to disclose your personal information protect our rights, property, and Services.
- C. In cases where it is necessary for the protection of human life or property and your consent of cannot be reasonably obtained.
- D. In cases where it is necessary for a national agency, local public entity, or co-signer to cooperate in carrying out the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining your consent could possibly interfere with said affairs.
- E. In the case that we or our business is merged, split, succeeded to a third party, or due to other similar reasons, your personal information may be transferred.
- F. In cases which are acceptable under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations.
- (2) We may entrust all or part of the personal information acquired to outside parties to the extent necessary for achieving the "Purpose of using personal information". When we entrust personal information to a third party, we carefully examine their qualifications, and at the time of contract we will create a structure that will be managed appropriately so the third party transferee can manage personal information safely. In particular, we will manage data through our affiliate company, as defined in Article 8, item 8 of the Regulation Concerning Terminology, Forms and Preparation Methods of Financial Statements (Ministry of Finance Regulation No.59, 1963), in order to safely manage personal information and establish a disaster restoration center overseas to ensure the safety of the Service.
- (3) If a business partner is needed in cooperation with us, we may share user’s personal information with this partner. In this case, we will jointly use this information after announcing to users the purpose of use, name of business partner, type of information, and the name of administrator.
5. Safety management
We set up administrators for the protection of personal information and we will implement appropriate safety control measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage of private information.
6. User rights
The user may request disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension, or deny third party’s use of personal information. For such requests, please contact the address listed in 10) Inquiries concerning personal information. We will promptly respond to requests based on the Personal Information Protection Law. However, disclosure of personal information may be restricted in the following cases, and furthermore, upon request, a separate disclosure fee may be collected:
- (1) In cases where there is a risk of harm to the life, property, or other rights or interests of the person or the third party through disclosing personal information.
- (2) In the case that there is a risk that a request for disclosure of personal information may cause a serious hindrance to our business.
- (3) In the case disclosure of personal information violates laws and regulations.
- (4) In the case where it cannot be confirmed that the request for personal information disclosure was made by the individual in question.
7. Usage of analysis tools
We use Google Analytics, a service of Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "Google"), in order to understand the usage status of users for the purpose of improving quality of services and websites operated by us. We use the information collected and analyzed by Google Analytics (frequency of visits to the site, page visits, etc.) for the sole purpose of improving the quality of our Service and the website operated by us.
By using our Service and the websites operated by us, users consent to the data collection and processing that Google and our company conducts for the above-mentioned method and purpose.
Google Analytics Terms of Service
Google Analytics Opt-out add-on
8. Scope of use
10. Inquiries about personal information
If you have any comments, questions, complaints, or inquiries concerning the handling of personal information by our company, please contact the address that follows.
Inquiries about personal information: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Language
Amended September 11, 2018
Amended February 2, 2017
Amended November 21, 2016
Established September 7, 2015